- Added the module cards, which consists of core/cards.js, core/cards.css, optional/cards/.., examples/cards/.. and examples/solitaire/..
- Added chapter 11 to the tutorial: Creating a Card Game
- Added the method MacaoLook.getElement(). Using this method you can access the containing element of a look.
- Added the method MacaoLook.setToolTip(). So every look can have its own tool tip.
- Added support for the event handlers MacaoObject.onDragStart(), onDragEnd(), onDragOver(), onDragOut() and onDrop()
- Added the methods MacaoObject.isDropActive(), isDropAllowed(), isDragged(), isDragActive().
- Added the utility methods appendTableRow() and appendTableCell() to the kernel package. These help to create tables independent form the browser type.
- Added automatic scrolling when an object is dragged out of the client area. If you use drag and drop, you should call the new method setPageSize() to set the limits for the scrolling.
- Fixed bug 1436967. The methods MacaoObject.getZIndex(), toFront() and toBack() did not work properly.
- Fixed a problem, where a look consiting of HTML showed the text "null" on Internet Explorer, when null or "" was assigned as HTML.
- Significant better performance by the use of local variables.
- Fixed the style rule -moz-opacity to opacity. So the bubble will also appear transparent on mozilla browsers.
- Added the method MacaoObject.isWalking().
- Fixed bug 1445061. The Road Editor did not work with Firefox. In Firefox the Road Editor and the RoadGrid object could not find each other.
- The methods setDesignModeSM(), isDesignModeSM() and isDesignMode() have been added. Now you can call the method setDesignModeSM(false) in the index frame to make the Road Editor and the design-Drag-and-Drop unavailable to the user.
- The method displaySupportedBrwosers(language) has been added to browserCheck.js. You can use this method to display the supported browsers as alert. Currently the method knows the language "de" for German. For any other parameter the english message will be displayed.
- Changed the tutorial source document to Open Document Format. Reformatted the tutorial.
- Added chapter 12.4 to the tutorial: Setting the Walk Interval
- Added chapter 12.5 to the tutorial: Deactivating the Design Mode
How to upgrade your application to release 1.1 ? Replace all files of the directories core and optional/controllers with these of the new version. The versions are upwards compatible. But you may not mix up core files of different versions. You can read the chapters 9 and 10 of the tutorial on how to take advantage of the new features.
The package persistence.js has been added. You can use the persistence
module to save and load games. The user can save a game as bookmark in the
browser. The game score (current page, game events, inventory items,
storage values) will be saved as parameter in the URL.
See the new chapters in the tutorial:
9 Using an Individual Frameset For Each Page
10 Saving and Loading the Game Score
- Support for internationalization of resources has been added to the package storageManager.js.
- Support for separate framesets has been added. Now you can provide a separate frameset for each page. This is required to use persistence.
- The package frameset.js has been added. Include this package in every page, which only defines a frameset and has no other Macao packages loaded.
- The API Documentation has been proofread. Hopefully it's more pleasant to read now.
- The example code in the description of the class MacaoTalkItem has been fixed. Now you can find the examples talk1, talk2 and talk3 in the examples folder.
- The expiration duration of the controller pages and some example pages has been changed. Now it matches the recommendation of the tutorial.
- The reaction of the SentenceController is more intelligent. The SentenceController automatically terminates a sentence, if there is no fitting action for an extended version of the sentence. So the user earlier gets the information, that the try will have no success.
- Fixed bug 1226535. It prevented to terminate an object to wander around while the wandering around paused. Now the wander around can securely be stopped.
- Fixed bug 1193326 for Opera, where the frames did not communicate. The calculation of the frames list has been rebuild. Now every page and frame is registering itself to the StorageManager while loading. If you added the workaround to your program, it now will be ignored.
- Fixed bug 1193328. The tool tips over the objects are now also displayed in the Opera browser.
- The resource functionality has been made available in the StorageManager. This prepares the StorageManager for the persistence module, which will come with the next version.
- The section "Setting the Size of the Page" has been added to the Tutorial.
Initial public release.